View Single Post
Old 26th October 2012, 04:14 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Surely you are not suggesting that you will not buy a film for the simple reason it is only available on DVD and not Blu-Ray?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
But aren't you suggesting the same thing?
Yes I am, but I stand by my comment

I maintain that if a film is only available on Blu-Ray, then it is not worth me buying it because I have no way of watching it.

I also maintain that if a film is only available in a DVD/Blu-Ray combo, then it is also not really worth me buying it, because half of the package would be unusable to me

Let me ask you this: If you were in a clothes shop, and the only way that you could get a pair of underpants was if they also came in a package that contained a bra for you, would you get it, or would you walk out and look elsewhere?

OK - that is a silly arguement, but as far as I'm concerned it's the same thing. I would be getting something that I want, but (almost certainly by definition) I would be paying extra to get something that I have no use for

*Note - I actually have a lot of use for a bra, so please do not concentrate on my underwear too much when considering this post!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty