View Single Post
Old 26th October 2012, 06:48 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I seem to be the only person who remembers when Arrow would only put a Blu-ray out for certain releases
With all due respect, a lot of those releases are things I am interested in, but have not been able to get because they were in a format that I could not actually watch

Quote:
and then later down the line would put a budget DVD out (whether due to demand, or whether that was always the plan)
As someone who studied film at University, I am interested in the extra features as well as the main film, and the budget DVD mainly omits them, so again I am unwilling to buy it

Quote:
Would people generally perfer to go back to that system, used for the likes of The Funhouse (6 months wait from BD release to DVD), Cat 'O Nine Tails (7 months wait from BD release to DVD)?
No. I would rather see a separate release on both DVD (for people like me) and Blu-Ray (for people like you) at the same time, so we could all enjoy the film and extras

Quote:
Because as we've seen from ZFE, the price would be exactly the same if they were released together, so I'm really not seeing any other option.
OK, but if I was to get the ZFE Blu-Ray from Amazon (current price £13:00), I could not watch it, but if I get the ZFE (DVD) from Amazon (current price £13:00) I can watch it

As I have said elsewhere on the forum, it you (or anyone else) is prepared to buy me a Blu-Ray player, then I will shut up about this, but at the moment, I am not in a position to watch any Blu-Ray films, and I object to buying something that I am unable to enjoy!

Again, not being offensive or confrontational, just stating a fact!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty