Thread: Nora Flynn
View Single Post
Old 26th November 2012, 11:52 AM
Cultist

Default Nora Flynn

Many really hated her, and although I wasn't a huge fan of her, I am actually quite glad of her introduction as TD. The reason being that Myra and Bea were very similar...and although I really liked both of them characters, it was refreshing to have a different style, even though she was rather boring.

She was the exact opposite to them two, which changed the whole dynamic of the show...for the worse it may be argued, and I would tend to agree, but still...I like that the writers tried this new approach.

I think she would have been better as a stand-alone character, though...as opposed to TD. It would have been nice to see her character more without being TD because she actually did have quite an interesting start in the show, what with the whole being a falsely accused child abuser (or was it murderer? I forget)...that part of her story seemed to be quickly forgotten about once she took over the reigns as TD.

I did love a couple of the stand-off scenes between her and Lou, most notably the scene where Lou is working the press and Nola arrives....and Lou quickly hands it over to her, LOL. I wouldn't really have thought she would have been a match for Lou in all honesty, but she did at least have popularity with the women to back her up.

I disliked how she was written out, too....but I hear it had to be done since the actress became ill so had to be written out unexpectedly. I would liked to have seen how her character developed and I don't think she was quite as bad as many seem to suggest.