View Single Post
Old 27th November 2012, 02:57 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
I'm not getting it because I have the BU one but I can definitely empathize with someone being upset that the poster didn't come with that edition. You don't have to be buying it to have an opinion on it.

Does someone need to personally invested to be disappointed??? I don't have any financial investment in the John Carter movie but I was disappointed with how Disney marketed it.

The guy has a right to his opinion whether he buys the dvd or not does nothing to change or invalidate that fact or the opinion.
I hear what you're saying - and yes, anyone can have an opinion. But disappointed means something not personally meeting your expectations - ie: you expect to receive something but don't.

I suppose you could say that it's disappointing. But he said that he was, himself, personally disappointed. And all I was asking is why? Seriously, the guy wasn't even going to buy any copy of the UK release and yet he's somehow disappointed? Why would he care? I know I wouldn't care about something I had no interest in buying, much less be disappointed over it. But hey, if you want to go round being disappointed on other people's behalf, be my guest. Far be it for me to stop you (not that I could anyway, so I don't know why everyone gets so worked up - say and think what you like).

Personally, I'm getting bored with all the Arrow bashing. It's getting tiresome now. I've yet to buy an Arrow product that has disappointed me. So colour me not disappointed, since that's the current topic. When they mess up, then call it. But not getting a poster when you balance it against everything else that's on offer?