View Single Post
Old 18th December 2012, 04:30 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I think I've posted this elsewhere, possibly last Christmas. Anyway, when I was 14 I asked my parents for a denim jacket, Christmas morning I unwrapped what I thought was going to be a fantastic jacket to make me the envy of all my hard rocking compadres, instead it was what can only be described as a girls denim jacket, complete with floral patterns down the sleeves and a hideous turquoise lining! I almost burst into tears right there and then, even more so when my mum said I wouldn't be able to tell once it got mucky, because obviously 14 year old boys roll around in mud all day! She did exchange it for a more appropriate jacket, which I loved and wore until it fell apart at the seems, but I never forgave my mum for this and still bring it up now, I mean come on, even though I had shoulder length hair, a girls jacket was never going to look good, she is foreign though ha ha
I've had similar experiences in recent years. Family members will buy me a sweatsirt or t-shirt that looks like a UFC fighter would wear it which isn't my style at all and they always say the same thing "well it had a skull on it and you like horror movies!"