View Single Post
Old 20th December 2012, 10:11 PM
Cult Addict

I'll stick to new releases as I can disscuss such classics as Quatermass and the Pit, Jaws, Gremlins, and Demons elsewhere.

Best: Dredd (Alex Garland)- Sept' 12

Sweet zombie jesus on a christ cracker I can not emphasises my love for this movie ENOUGH! Your probably all sick of it now (wait's for typical snarcky Demdike reply) but this movie rung all the right bell's in the right places. It was a perfect addaptation of the source material, because unlike Spiderman or Superman where nothing is compramised to avoid annoying the Fan base, Dredd let alot go in order to great something truely gritty and original. The fact it was produced on a budget of just £45 Million is testement to itself, that it can blow such piece's of shite as Battleships and Twishite out of the water, which where produced on much larger budgets. Mr. Urban NAILED the lead role by keeping the one liners to an minimum and relyed on body language to get the characterisation across. He IS Judge Dredd to me now, and I can't picture anyone else in the role....and no, not ****ing Sly Stallone!

Worst: Twishite Breaking Dawn part II (Bill Condom...pffft!!)- Nov' 12

What a piece of shit. I mean it, few movie's make me cringe just at the memory, not even Legend of the Overfiend. But this was just terrible on every level, nothing worked in it's favour, nothing worked AT ALL. The acting. Hammy, at best, from Michael Sheen, wooden from everyone else. The script, a massive dick turn where there where NO consiquences WHAT SO ****ING EVER! The effects, amongst some of the most offensively bad I have ever seen, the 8 year old girl is CGI half the time. WHY?! The werewolfs are insultingly bad and spit on the face of good WW transormation sequences such as in American Werewolf in Lodnon and The Howling. The characters's a freaking phedophile! In a childrens movie! I object! This movie will stay in my memory longer than Casablanca. Longer than Dredd. Longer than Bird with the Crystal Plumage. All my fave's have masterful asspects about them, but this piece of dog crap shit's all over them and will be remembered for it's badness. Just, **** the right off Twilight.