View Single Post
Old 1st January 2013, 06:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
It is my personal favourite film, from my perspective everyone who has stated it as overrated has never elaborated as to why in any meaningful manner. It is my favourite film for many of the same reasons as others who have waxed lyrical. I find it be science fiction at it's most thought provoking and emotionally powerful; one of the last of it's kind. From a design perspective I find it to be immaculate and has been consistently borrowed from for many years since and I'm sure many more in the future. The cast is fully well rounded, establishing their characters with more layers and resonance than most films of much longer length can manage.

I believe it to be the perfect film, and it will probably remain that way for me.

For me, it so, so, SO boring! It doesn't grip me, it meanders, the plotting is confused (at least in the two versions I have seen), Harrison Ford is wooden and annoying (as usual). It looks pretty, but is hollow and empty (not unlike Prometheus, though it is vastly better than Prometheus!) with nothing that I felt I could latch onto.

Those are the main reasons I feel it is over-rated - not bad, but over-rated.