View Single Post
Old 4th January 2013, 12:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I think animal cruelty is one of the few instances where censorship is needed. Animal slaughter is fine, if killed under regulations approved by the approriate boards (throat slitting, injection, 'clean' shooting etc) is fine in my books. It's nature. But nothing should have to go through what the Muskrat went through in CH, simply not needed. Genuin human deaths are more tricky to catagorise. The death of Vic Morrow in The Twilight Zone movie was a terrible thing to happen down to poor comunication, and including the scene would be in terrible taste. The man on the bike who died in Faces of Death was not filmed for the movie, but is included for shock factor, this is also not acceptable in my opinion. Let's not get into 'snuff films' for obvies reasons (eg. there's no proof one has ever been made for a start).
When I watched Southern Comfort, I got a feeling that the shooting, and then preparing of the pigs was real, but in the Cajun environment, and everything was done proper, so I was fine with this.

Where as Wake In Fright had 5 minutes of Kangaroos getting shot while running away, and being left there to die slowly, with one of 2 scenes of them being tormented and brutally stabbed to death, and this did not sit well with me at all, no matter how regulated the shooting was, or wether it was done done during an actual hunt. It's still horrible and brutal to watch, like the muskrat in CH.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga