View Single Post
Old 6th January 2013, 04:12 AM
Active Cultist

Some obvious movies I'm going to probably vote for:

The Shining - This is probably going to be my #1. It's my second favorite horror film of all-time, so it's going to take a bonafide masterpiece that I've slept on to knock it off its perch.

The Fly - I watched this not too long ago for about the 4th time, and it's gotten even better each time. Jeff Goldblum gave his best performance here.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - I'm interested to see where the others will vote for this at. It's one of the films that has caused me to feel genuinely uneasy while watching. The home invasion scene is maybe the scariest film scene of all-time.

Re-Animator - Horror films don't have to be serious to be thrilling.

The Thing - duh.

Day of the Dead - I'm in the minority here, but I like this more than Dawn.

Hellraiser - I finally saw this last October, and even though the first half did seem to drag, it was all made up for with a brilliant second half.

Possession - Maybe the most bizarre of all my choices thus far. Andrzej Zulawski isn't the director with the most name recognition, but more people should know about him if only for this gem.

Gremlins/The 'Burbs - Two Joe Dante films that should be somewhere in the middle of the final list hopefully.

The Fog - When you are in between Halloween and The Thing, it might be hard to be recognized. But y'all need to recognize. The Fog is a fun movie.

My Bloody Valentine - Not the perfect movie, but it fits right in with the 80s slasher phenomenon. I had a lot of fun watching it too, so that helps it out.