View Single Post
Old 7th January 2013, 11:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I NEVER SAID all people who look at screencaps and compare images are boring, it was a direct reference to the people out there who drone on endlessly in their jargon fuelled blogs ad infinitum.
Many or few, it really makes no difference. It's far from keeping in tone with the tag that is affixed to the bottom of every page. This is the last place I'd expect to see such a prejudiced view on an enthusiastic genre fan. You may find what they do boring, and you're entirely entitled to that opinion, but to call them a bore is very simply a personal insult. You don't know these people, you're speculating, making prejudice judgements based on merely what you know or speculate about them. I've seen you do this several times now, most recently with the release of They Live (1 & 2). People are MUCH smarter than you're giving them credit for. They're rarely the simple creatures you seem to make out. Often something is the tip of an ice berg, and it may look like they're basing something on one issue, but I highly doubt it's so simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Limey View Post
I always find it amusing when people slag off a disc on the basis of someone else's screen caps and proclaim themselves an expert. All this before they have even seen the disc in question....
I see no issue with that. It's entirely your prerogative as it is theirs. I don't have an endless supply of cash, and am not able to see every release first hand, so screen comparisons do help. I do have very simple criteria behind what I actually take into account, I like to know how a screen grab is taken and how it is compressed (and these are becoming more and more common), I also place a litte more weight if both compared titles are captured by the same user. Of course that far from makes up the entirety of my buying choice, as I'm sure is the case with most, if not all people. I of course take into account reviews, but honestly find very few sources I genuinely trust, and sometimes wonder how often some sources are rushing a review out to captialise on traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
... some people are just thin skinned.
Oh please ! If you're going to start sniping away because someone takes issue with something you've said, welcome to Ignore. I'll now never be able to take issue with something you say, as I won't see it, enjoy !