View Single Post
Old 7th January 2013, 11:31 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentasm View Post
Interesting that they blame the seamless branching for the missing 6 seconds. I've gone over the disc with BDInfo to identify the various .m2ts files that comprise the .mpls (playlist) files and the only thing that's different between the three versions are the opening and closing credits, none of which contains any part of the film proper (just the credits). There is one .m2ts (0004.m2ts) file that contains the main feature, which is used by all three playlists and it's missing those first 6 seconds. This means it's not a technical issue with the seamless branching that's causing players to skip footage, it's a case of the footage not even being there to begin with. I guess technically they could still blame the seamless branching as without it this error would have less likely occurred, but it's a more of a 'oops, we messed up the mastering/encoding' thing.
It does worry me that seamless branching appears to be the scapegoat here (rather than QC), especially given its benefits. I was a little sad to hear someone from Arrow mention in e-mail to someone on another forum they would be staying clear of it in the future.