View Single Post
Old 7th January 2013, 12:49 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentasm View Post
Interesting that they blame the seamless branching for the missing 6 seconds. I've gone over the disc with BDInfo to identify the various .m2ts files that comprise the .mpls (playlist) files and the only thing that's different between the three versions are the opening and closing credits, none of which contains any part of the film proper (just the credits). There is one .m2ts (0004.m2ts) file that contains the main feature, which is used by all three playlists and it's missing those first 6 seconds. This means it's not a technical issue with the seamless branching that's causing players to skip footage, it's a case of the footage not even being there to begin with.
I'm glad someone else has mentioned this as I did the same thing and came to the same conclusion. I've posted this up several times but people still insist on it being a branching issue and ignore this point. As you say, the video just doesn't exist on the disc which means whoever authored/encoded it has made a balls up somewhere. I do agree that it should have been caught at a QC stage though. No question.