Thread: Erica Davidson
View Single Post
Old 8th January 2013, 05:26 PM
Cultist

Erica was both sensitive and assertive, sometimes to the same character... like Vera, Erica would be sympathetic and nice to Vera in one scene and angry and forceful in the next! which was why she was so brilliant.

I feel that Erica's character wasn't developed as much as it could have been... apart from being kidnapped, hearing she had a brother who'd died and having that 1920s romance with the factory boss, she was practically chained behind that governors desk! Anne has had the opportunity to continue her character through health situations, love interests, family drama and Mob brutality, it's a shame that Erica didn't get to do as much, and the end of her original run left her looking like quite a weak character.

when Meg and Anne were tied up in that factory, there was quite a real threat (and slight hope from me that the rats would eat Meg). Even when Erica has a gun in her face during the kidnapping, she continues to be confident and launches into daring escapes. the two situations are of course very different, but Anne seems to have been given a lot more to play with and develop her character.

I do love them both (I'm now on ep 568) but while i do love Anne, I'm an Erica supporter all the way, love the determination, slight aggression and excessive use of slamming a phone down! and that hair / suit combinations of a power woman! iconic, classic, masterpiece (til the hair was cut off during the kidnapping of course!)

JL