View Single Post
Old 8th January 2013, 07:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Default The Wicker Man: Conversations with Robin Hardy, Anthony Shaffer & Edward Woodward

Hi,

2013 marks the 40th anniversary of one of the all-time great cult films, The Wicker Man.

Directed by Robin Hardy and written by Anthony Shaffer, the film offers a unique blend of horror, mystery and music, as Christianity and Paganism clash on an island off the coast of Scotland.

The film's production was as extraordinary as the film itself. In my new e-book, The Wicker Man: Conversations with Robin Hardy, Anthony Shaffer & Edward Woodward, I bring together my extensive interviews with the director, writer and star, to create a fascinating and revealing - even occasionally contradictory - look at what went on behind the scenes.

Learn about the real reason why Ingrid Pitt was cast and how the filmmakers got around Britt Ekland's refusal to let them shoot her full-length from behind, as she danced naked, in the film's notorious seduction scene.

Read, too, the truth about Woodward's impassioned performance during the dramatic climactic scene atop a cliff and the horrified film company's attempt to bury the movie.

Available through Amazon, Smashwords and iTunes, The Wicker Man: Conversations with Robin Hardy, Anthony Shaffer & Edward Woodward is essential reading for fans of the 1973 classic and anyone interested in filmmaking and cult cinema.

I hope you enjoy reading the interviews as much as I enjoyed doing them. Even if you don't, drop me a line to let me know your thoughts.

Best
Stephen Applebaum
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wickcoversmashcover4.jpg (95.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by StephenApplebaum; 8th January 2013 at 10:54 PM.