View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2013, 12:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadliest View Post
I watched Anthrapaphagous back in the early days of VHS I can remember watching it with a couple of friends after my parents foolishly left it out and went shopping. I was about 10 and can remember crapping myself and the abortion scene stuck with me for quite some time, watched it recently with my wife and she was very unimpressed to say the least after I had bigged it up for the majority of the day. I still love it but must agree with the posts about the pacing being slow. Would still jump on a copy if it was released though and Absurd would be added without hesitation. I think Geoge Eastman is great anyway as I particularly enjoy the post Apoc stuff he was in.
Most of these old Italian horror flicks don't work too well nowadays with a modern audience.One of the reasons I collect them is down to nostalgia, that, and the fact that I genuinely enjoy them.I can understand why your missus was unimpressed, especially when you compare Anthro to a big budget contemporary horror movie.I think if I watched Anthro now for the first time, I wouldn't think much of it either.I'd still like it to get an uncut UK release though.