View Single Post
Old 18th March 2013, 09:36 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToZero View Post
Oh Rick, watch out for Mr. Bo Arne Vibenius! He might sue you as he thinks he has the copyright for anything that has to do with Christina Lindberg and eyepatches. Recently he attacked Fangoria for using a picture of her in their magazine
Damn! There goes the Belingo! Seriously though, this suing thing's got a bit ridiculous. When I was doing t-shirts and chasing some licensing from Hammer I was warned that Christopher Lee retains a solicitor just to chase down anyone who uses his image. I've seen bits and pieces of my work used without my permission but I can live with that as I'm hardly pure as the driven snow myself! I once painted Emily Booth in assless chaps and stuck it on Ebay and she immediately emailed me and I nearly shat a brick! Fortunately she was happy with it but I'm more carefull now.
One thing that has got up my nose recently though, is the portrait of Jennifer Connelly I did for Arrow's Phenonema being nicked and winding up as a cover for Super Nintendo's Clock Tower. This has recently been brought out by Timewalk Games with the artwork credited to someone called Pan. If you are interested you can check out the review on youtube.
Even with this I really can't be bothere emailing them. Regular guy Almar can though, in fact he's probably kicking bottom as I type!