View Single Post
Old 20th March 2013, 07:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Later Fulci films

I'm having a bit of mook around my older Fulci DVD's this week. I'd love Shameless to release -

House's of Doom series on DVD, I know two of them are Lenzi films and they've already been released endlessly by Vipco but surely the masters exist somewhere and can be improved upon. Sweet House is not very good as a whole I know but maybe a decent transfer could improve peoples opinions of it?

Touch of Death - a mad, no wild later Fulci title. It's also one of my favourites, I do seem to like Fulci in no holds barred nasty action. To my knowledge Touch hasn't ever had a UK release and if the masters could be found the title could be a decent seller as it's never had a particularrly good release anywhere because of the missing masters.

Voices From Beyond - To me this is possibly Fulci's last 'good' film in that the the stories coherant and it looks like all concerned actually cared about what they were making. It's due to get a Blu release from Code Red in 2013 so a decent master must be knocking around somewhere.

Demonia - Ok, not the best later Fulci but certainly not the worst. What hurts the film the most is the slapdash editing. This also has never had a UK release and I'm sure the Shreik Show disc could be improved upon by now. There are a few elements to enjoy in Demonia though and a few references to other Fulci titles throughout.

Cat in the Brain - Alot of people hate this title for various reasons, personally I love it. It's outragous, it's gory and it's cheap looking. Surely this is due for a newer release?