View Single Post
Old 24th April 2013, 01:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
I may have said this before, but I do not understand the negativity towards the restart of Doctor Who. I did not grow up with DW thanks to german TV's ignorance, but I had a fine share of Doc #4 thanks to a cable TV station (I think it was called Lifestyle) and liked it and then forgot a bit about irt as time passed... Then they started the new series (wirth Ecclestone) on German TV and I got interested and immediately liked it. Due to a rather annoying dub and unreliable programming, I had to go other ways and started to collect the DVDs (later BDs). Not all episodes may have been great, but most of them were at least really good and I was excited about the change from Davies to Moffat and each Doctor became even better in my book too. I loved the arc about River Song and I am struggling a bit with what is happening right now, cannot say what I make of Clara yet... But I am pretty confident that Moffat has something good in store...
I still love it, i'm not as keen on Moffats era but i loved the Russell T Davies years when many episodes felt like event television.

I hate what Moffat's done with the Sontarans and Cybermen in making them almost a laughing stock. Hopefully Nightmare in Silver will change that though.

I wasn't hugely keen on every era during the classic series but still love the show as a whole.

Besides, as Who fans its our prerogative to moan but we still watch it religiously.