View Single Post
Old 6th May 2013, 06:18 PM
Cultist in Training

Die Hard: Greatest Action Film Ever Made. I mean, it's practically a template. Like Halloween is the definitive slasher, Die Hard is the definitive action movie. Plus the guy working the reception looks like Huey Lewis.

Die Hard 2: Suffers from deja vu and an almost sadistic approach to the violence (Renny Harlin's Cliffhanger had this same problem), but action is spectacular and it's clearly cut from the same cloth as the original in that it feels like a Die Hard film. Major Grant classic supporting character.

Die Hard with a Vengeance: True, by staging the action city-wide it loses a little personality and the ending is awful, awful, awful, but this is big, big fun. Irons a great villain, chemistry between Willis and Jackson classic, and the first half crammed with fantastic challenges.

Die Hard 4.0: The biggest let-down of all time. John McClane becomes another invincible superhero, dialogue stinks, comic relief dismal, action perfunctory, dull to look at, boring villain, just grim moviemaking.

A Good Day to Die Hard: Well, after the fourth one, I was too wary to approach this at the time. I still am.