View Single Post
Old 7th May 2013, 10:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
So you're not a movie fan if you're not region-free? That's a bit presumptuous, C7. Maybe some of us just can't afford that upgrade at the moment, y'know, what with a global recession in full swing, just in case you hadn't noticed. My wallet is already being squeezed to breaking point through increased utility bills, increased fuel bills, increased food bills and all the rest of it.

But, I do understand that these US labels have contractual obligations, it just seems mad that Scream! don't push to NOT be obliged to do so. Twilight Time don't lock their titles and they're getting their titles, in many cases, from the same licensors. So why don't they have contractual obligations to lock their titles and Scream! Factory do?

Over-react much???

Personally I have no idea how the contract works, if you wanna complain or ask why just go to the blurry.com forum and ask Cliff. There might be a reason behind the madness...or not.

Speaking as someone directly affected by the economic crunch ya I really understand the affects of reccesion. 1200 jobs in my sector gone.