View Single Post
Old 9th May 2013, 08:13 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Both are excellent blu's! THE TERROR has NEVER looked better, shame the films a bit crap. Crater lake monster is also surprisingly great quality and a fun little monster movie. Galaxina is also entertaining. If you like the terror blu then DEMENTIA 13 and POOR PRETTY EDDIE are both worth a look!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I was surprised how good The Terror looked, plus the Blu was very cheap. I'd also recommend picking up Dementia 13 (not a fantastic transfer, but considering its source materials still decent) and Poor Pretty Eddie. I've also been meaning to pick up some of the Noir releases by the same company.
I actually like The Terror (keeping in mind it was filmed in a few days by several directors) and was looking for an upgrade (I already owned the best dvd releases).
So really curious about the pic quality of the blu of The Terror.
Will have a look at those other blu's.

Btw Galaxina/Crater Lake was unbelievably cheap (especially for a blu-ray) I only paid $3 + shipping for it and the blu looks very good,especially Crater Lake,keeping in mind Crown don't really have great materials of all of their films anymore.
Just checked the pic quality.

I'd say it's more a release for purists as the image hasn't been totally cleaned up and still looks very much like film.
Which I like.

Last edited by bdc; 9th May 2013 at 08:29 AM.