View Single Post
Old 10th May 2013, 01:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
This may sound like I have more money than sense (which I don't; I don't have much of either ) but the following points make me import US releases on certain occasions...

1) Scream Factory's artwork and slipcover releases are uniformly excellent and generally impress me much more than Arrow's artwork... Artwork is important to me.

2) Arrow pissed me off when they got rid of the window-box, 4-panel blu rays, hence from BLACK SUNDAY/LISA & THE DEVIL onwards I haven't bought any further Arrow releases. As two examples I'm holding out for Scream Factory's KNIGHTRIDERS (better artwork anyway if you ask me) and Kino's BLACK SABBATH release (I have a few other Bava's released by Kino anyway so this release will go with those BDs nicely).

3) CDImports sell new Scream/Shout Factory releases at $17.66 each, and some others e.g. the Jackie Chan doubles at around $12 (new Olive titles are all $14.43)... Buying a brand new Scream Factory release tends to work out no more expensive than a brand new Arrow release! IN FACT US imports are CHEAPER when you look at the prices Amazon are charging for some of the newer Arrow releases (e.g. KNIGHTRIDERS at 17 quid 50!!). Go second hand and I admit UK prices are generally a bit less than US import prices.

4) I spent 50 quid on a multi-region blu ray player, I may as well use it
I really wouldent reccomend buying the bava titles from kino over the arrow discs unless your REALLY stuck with region 1. I bought all the kino bava titles (baron blood/black sunday) before finding out about the arrow releases and ended up double dipping.
Take it from somebody who owns both, the Arrow releases are far superior to the kino discs and if you buy them from arrow their cheaper as well.

Also cult labs newsletter says the prince charles in london is screening a 35mm print of the burning..

http://www.princecharlescinema.com/events/events.php?seasonanchor=cigarette&utm_source=Cult+ Laboratories+Ltd.+List&utm_campaign=e394ea21f0-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8ac dace478-e394ea21f0-382010993

So a future uk release might not be just blind optimism on my part

Definately holding off on the scream factory release to wait and see now