View Single Post
Old 10th May 2013, 03:02 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
You get a reduction from that though as Amazon remove the 20% VAT for non EU buyers. Still, I suppose shipping counteracts some of that. Lifeforce steelbook is down to £19.75 btw even though it shows up in the search as £23.50.

Not aimed at yourself but to some of the other stuff I'm reading, I really can't understand the concept of sacrificing content for artwork at all. Sure, it would be nice for everything to be perfect but do some people know how long people have been crying to get hold of the AIP version of Black Sabbath for instance?

Similarly, I'd rather have the Criterion Blow Out for the inclusion of the extra film.
I suppose some folk dont really mind about extras so long as the print is decent. And its nice to have a pretty sleeve on the shelf. I paid extra for the eureaka masters of cinema steelbooks for the packaging alone.

Criterion tends to be the best, certainly I would rather take them over most other companies aside from the BFI (aside from Salo where the criterion release is clearly superior) and Eureaka whose releases for me tend to be comparable for extras and quality. That said my #1 mission after a big lotto win is to buy ALL the criterion blus, even where i'm doubling up with my eureaka discs (a'la REPO MAN)