View Single Post
Old 14th May 2013, 12:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I see some of you guys pile the DVD/BD players on top of each other. You do know this is bad and causes overheating and will shorten the life of said players? Well, so the experts say, anyway....but what do they know?
I would love a proper stacked shelving unit for all my players but due to room space, stacking them on top is the only way to go at the moment. My DVD player is unplugged at the moment due to lack of HDMI leads and can't find my scart lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
It's not only about the stereo image, it's also to do with the soundfield and depth of sound. You've got two eyes, so why don't you watch two TVs simultaneously?

I'm not knocking 2.1 though, a good sound system is a good system whatever it is. I personally prefer the immersive sensation of surround, a stereo rendering would highlight different audio aspects and would be...well...different. Not better or worse, just different, as it's downmixing 5.1 channels of sound to just 2.1 (or just 2).

Like I say, not knocking anyone here, but saying you only need stereo as you only have two ears is kind of missing the point and is a self-defeating argument.
2.1 is good but agreed the immersive sensation of surround is just heaven. When you're watching something like JAWS on blu-ray and you John Williams score playing in 5.1, it catapults you into the film where as 2.1 doesn't do this. Still nowt wrong with 2.1 but for me 5.1 or 7.1 is the way to got.