View Single Post
Old 20th May 2013, 06:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

At the school that I work for we have to put what we are currently reading in the signature of every email we send. As a comics reader my sig tends to be longer than any email I send. Here is a copy of this months:
Quote:
I am currently reading;
Dial H by China Mieville from DC 10/10 great art & story,
"Hellraiser: Dark Watch" from BOOM! Comics 8/10 nasty and bloodsoaked
Batman, The Dark Knight from Titan 9/10 dark and tasty,
Incredible Hulks from Marvel 7/10 confusing for a 1st timer,
Iron Man from Marvel, 9/10 good stories
Mark Millar's Clint magazine, 10/10 but may be too adult for some
2000 AD and The Judge Dredd Megazine, 10/10 the galaxy's best comic
a series of rather adult graphic novels based on Grimm's Fairy Tales, 4/10 a little sleazy
"Watchmen" by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons 10/10 magnum opus
"No Place Like Home" by local writer Angelo Tirotto 10/10 very dark, very adult, scariest flying monkeys ever.
AND:
a series of graphic novels from Marvel, this month; "Fantastic Four: Unthinkable" and "Wolverine: Origin". 10/10 they are not called the "Ultimate Marvel Collection" for nothing!
Yes, I'm a comics nerd!
Yes, I am still reading "Watchmen", it is a constant companion for whenever I lose interest in comics, I just pull it out of the pile at the side of the bed and my faith is restored. My darling daughter still has my copy of "No Place Like Home" which I want to read again (and she has a surprising number of my dvds) but she has lent Alan Moore's "Swamp Thing" vol.1 which is almost as good as "Watchmen".

The "Ultimate Marvel Collection" is possibly the very best part work I have ever subscribed to.

BUT (and to emphasize
that it is a big BUTT)
The-Best-Work-I-Have-Read-In-A-Long-Time-IS
"No Place Like Home"

Have a look at it on one of the on-line vendors like Digital Comics - Comics by comiXology. The first volume in graphic novel form is only £7.50, try it and you'll love it.

Monster Magnet