View Single Post
Old 20th May 2013, 06:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispyduck View Post
Thinking of getting this as I loved the film but I believe that I have only seen a cut version, does anyone know if the 2 disc version (currently on Amazon UK) is truly uncut and is the picture any good? as there are some bad reviews on the quality. Better still is there an uncut BD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
Firstly, the picture quality is outstanding for standard definition, probably one of the best DVDs I've seen.

It isn't fully uncut, as far as I'm aware there isn't an uncut version (perhaps there's a few dodgy bootleg edits floating about). It's the original BBFC 'X' certificate, the 'Rape Of Christ' scene isn't included in either the film or the Hell On Earth documentary. There is no BD, and it's very unlikely that one will ever be released, it's also very unlikely that it will be released 'uncut', I'm not sure it's even possible. The BFI release is the definitive edition as far as I'm concerned, I seriously doubt it will be bettered while WB still own the rights.

It's a fantastic release and one that I thoroughly recommend.
Warner Bros will never allow the uncut version to ever be released on DVD or Blu-Ray because of rape of christ scene. It was shown completely uncut at the BFI South Bank in a one off screening which was introduced by Mark Kermode with Ken Russell in attendance. It was one of his last public appearances before his death. Frankenhooker is right, the BFI edition is the Definitive release.