View Single Post
Old 27th May 2013, 08:21 AM
Cultist in Training

Nobody has posted on this thread for ages here goes....

I'm 39 now, so recall the whole nasties era, but think the Friday night Hammer shorts on telly got me into horror, will never forget one episode with the childrens party and the pipe coming through the ceiling and covering everyone in blood, scared the shit outta me!
The nasties stink really got me into it, telling you you are not allowed to view makes you want to doesn't it? Well, friends at school as well as a superb local video shop (which seemed to have its head in the sand regarding video banning) helped me view a lot, first nasty I watched was Evil dead uncut too. Managed to rent zombie flesh eaters, TCM,Living dead at Manchester morgue and more. Just wish I could go back in time with my current knowledge, they probably had the whole DPP list!!!
I think a lot of the appeal nowadays for me is watching these and taking my mind back to this time when it was more of a thrill to be lucky enough to get your hands on one of these films. Remembering the damp smell of that video shop and countless shelves of big box video covers and hours taken to pick just one film, those were the days.