View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2013, 02:49 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
For Grandizer...try Big O. I watched it recently and was flabbagasterd by how great it was. Simply stunning.

If you enjoyed Sailor Moon (join the club ) then check out Kunihiko Ikuhara following works. Revolutionary Girl Utena and Mawaru Penguindrum. The former is, for my two pence, one of the greatest anime evr made and one of the most distinctive. Very odd and very complex it's a great character study of human emotional issues and, considering it's apparent target audience, very dark and sexualy graphic. The latter is outstanding also and an amazing take on humans dependance on technology, a progression of a theme predominent in RGU, so the two are sister series so to speak.

Cowboy Bebop is a given, an is a must view for all humans on planet earth. Stop what you doing and start watching it NOW!

As for films, avoid GITS and it's sequel. Watch the TV series, Stand Alone Complex, instead.
Interesting, I adore the two Mamoru Oshii Ghost In The Shell movies; he's one of my general favourite directors animation or otherwise. I'm actually currently watching both Revolutionary Girl Utena and The Rose Of Versailles after putting them off for so long and am thoroughly enjoying them both.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)