View Single Post
Old 18th July 2009, 12:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Anyone ever find the below scary when they were a young whippersnapper?
I remember watching AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON,being terrified,hiding behind the couch,but being unable to divert my gaze successfully for any length of time......curiosity killed the kid?
That dream scene in AAWIL really freaked me out when i was a kid! Just the ghastly make-up and primal growl, well scary back in the day! Reggie Nalder in SL also tingled a few spines including mine although the floating vampire boy at the window never did anything for me. Still a good sequence though.

The 'Head In The Boat' moment in Jaws had me covering my eyes many times way back when. Also, the sequence in Michael Winner's The Sentinel where the female lead is attacked in her darkened apartment by her dead father who just walks in the room from behind the door. Disturbing even now despite me seeing it several times over the years.

The initial appearance of the 'Cheryl zombie' in The Evil Dead had my brother and i forcing our dad to turn the film off! We finished watching Raimi's classic the next day when we had more company in the house.

Lastly, the hitch hiker in the yellow raincoat from the 'Two Faces Of Evil' episode of The Hammer House Of Horror. That long fingernail frightened me a hell of a lot back in my younger years!