View Single Post
Old 12th June 2013, 06:05 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Now that's the thing that baffles me. MGM released Count Yorga, Vampire not once, but twice. Once as a standalone release and once as a double feature with The Return of Count Yorga. Now, if it sold so badly, why re-release it? That really doesn't make good business sense and also hints at the fact that the first film did well enough to warrant a re-release with a bonus attraction throw in as well. Why bother doing that if it didn't sell? Either someone, somewhere is lying, or MGM are lousy businessmen.
Well, with the trouble MGM were in 7-8 years ago I think we can assume some of the latter.

By all accounts, the MM series was quite troubled. They churned out loads of the double features in two years then it stopped until they went with Fox who added in some of their titles. While I was happy for them, I think they released too many too quickly at a time when there were loads of genre releases coming out.

Incidentally, Shout are now re-releasing some of the MM sci-if titles but as cheap 4-film packs and on DVD only.