View Single Post
Old 24th July 2009, 09:22 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Embodiment Of Evil! - 24/07/09

Hello everyone!!!!!!!!!

Hope your all well and ready for another weekly comp! Horray! But before I tell you how to win, let's show you WHAT we're giving away! 3 copies of the excellent horror film (released by one of the best horror companies themselves, Anchor Bay!), Embodiment Of Evil!

THE LEGENDARY BRAZILIAN MASTER OF TERROR IS BACK
Forty years on, legendary Brazilian writer-director-star Jose Mojica Marins returns to the role that established him as a horror genre auteur to be reckoned with as the long awaited third and final instalment of his renowned "Coffin Joe" series of films, EMBODIMENT OF EVIL, comes to DVD courtesy of Anchor Bay Entertainment.
The sequel to "At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul" (1964) and "This Night I'll Possess Your Corpse" (1967), EMBODIMENT OF EVIL sees the sadistic undertaker Coffin Joe finally released from a prison mental ward after serving a 40-year term for kidnap, torture and murder.

Back on the streets, Joe is reunited with his faithful servant Bruno and continues his diabolic quest for "the continuation of the blood" by finding the perfect woman to bear him a son. Assisted by a quartet of fanatic followers, they begin kidnapping and testing the suitability of potential bearers of Joe's offspring. Still driven by madness, Joe is haunted by visions of the ghosts of his former victims and graphic hallucinations of a purgatory-like landscape filled with human suffering and depravity.

Meanwhile, a local police captain and a mentally unstable priest, both bearing their own personal grudges against the undertaker, have teamed up to hunt Joe down and to exact their revenge by destroying him once and for all.

A must-see for all horror fans, this is one shocker that really does have it all – ghosts, torture, nudity and extremely graphic violence, all presented in an aesthetically pleasing style that many art-house cinema directors would kill for. For many horror aficionados, EMBODIMENT OF EVIL is almost certainly going to be the DVD release of the year.

EMBODIMENT OF EVIL (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£17.99) and Blu-ray (£19.99) by Anchor Bay Entertainment on 27th July 2009. Special Features include: "Making of" featurette; trailer.

EMBODIMENT OF EVIL will receive a limited theatrical run at UK cinemas from 3rd July 2009.

Anchor Bay will also be releasing a five disc COFFIN JOE DVD Box Set (£39.99) featuring nine titles: At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul (1964); This Night I'll Possess Your Corpse (1967); The Strange World of Coffin Joe (1968); Awakening of the Beast (1970); End of Man (1971); Strange Hostel of Naked Pleasures (1976); Hellish Flesh (1977); Hallucinations of a Deranged Mind (1978); The Strange World of Mojica Marins documentary (2001).

- Yes it's THAT damn good|! :P

Right, for this comp, I've (once again) decided to do it all a bit differently. So, look out for a blog which I'll make in a min, explaining how to win this weeks. Don't worry, it's not hard (if you know the answers!)
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Embodiment Of Evil! - 24/07/09-sleeve_3161.jpg  

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 24th July 2009 at 11:28 AM.