View Single Post
Old 1st August 2013, 02:16 AM
Cult Addict

Default Beginning of your Horror obsession?

Ok so this is my first thread (go gentle on me, i don't think i've seen this topic here before).
All you horror freaks out there...
I first experienced horror movies from watching late night double bills on BBC and i think C4 in the early eighties.(Boris Karloff is still my favourite)
I remember watching the old universal movies such as Dracula, Frankenstein and the Wolfman and soon after got into the Hammer film's through TV too.
I remember reading from first issue a comic called Scream that only lasted i think 15 issues.(probably due to Mary Whitehouse)
I remember 2 sets of horror top trumps cards around this time that i used to love and a colouring book filled with images from films such as House of usher, Plague of zombies and Francis Bacon images(?).
I remember buying a book 'Horror Films' (that i still have) by Alan Frank filled with loads of photo's that i obsessed over and wanted to see all the films.
I remember first being really scared by Halloween, Carrie(the hand scene) and the Omen.
I remember watching The Hammer House of Horror TV series when it was first on and being freaked out by "Two faces of Evil" episode. (repeatedly)
I remember the first video nasties i watched on early video (Evil Dead & The House by the Edge of the park) at the tender age of 10.
Then i started reading Stephen King & James Herbert novels.
With all this exposure at an early age its no wonder i became the horror obsessed crazy nut job i am today.
All of these factors contributed to my horror obsession that still grips me today.
What started your love of horror?