View Single Post
Old 4th August 2013, 03:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Quick question regarding this re-animator release.

Is this a new director approved cut, or have the distributors basically re-inserted the deleted scenes back into the film? (i.e A fan edit)

I'm a big fan of Re-animator and if Stuart Gordon is signing off on this then I may look at ordering if not then its not really worth the 40 euros to me, i'll wait for the second sight release.

If it is just the deleted scenes stuck back in I can't really see it working as a film. One of Re-animators biggest strengths is its frantic pacing and structure. I've seen the deleted footage on various special editions and its interesting stuff, I just don't want it in the movie.

These extended cuts can be interesting to see, DAWN OF THE DEAD the workprint version is interesting but the theatrical cut is the better film for example.
The Extended Cut - which in fact was not approved by the director or producer - is included in HD because the cut is very popular among many fans in Germany. It has been floating around here since the 80s, so many fans got to know the movie through that version.

Also, TLE films had the possibilty to scan all the necessary elements in 4k, so they decided to put it on Blu-ray disc Nr. 2 of the set.

So once again, included are:
Unrated cut (HD)
Extended Cut (HD)
TV Cut (SD)

If you want the complete explanation why they chose to include the extended cut, you can find Torsten Kaiser's statement (and put it through babelfish) here:

Capelight bringt RE-ANIMATOR und BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR auf BD!!! - Seite 47