View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2013, 08:31 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Once Upon A Time In The West - 8/10

My trip into Spaghetti Westerns continues! This is the first time I've seen this epic film and really enjoyed it. It's a shame Clint Eastwood turned down the role of Harmonica, but Charles Bronson is excellent here opposite Henry Fonda. The pre-credits sequence is my favourite part of the movie - it's so intense, powerful and beautiful!

Insidious 2 - 7/10

I thought the first Insidious was a little on the stupid side. Lots of fun but more a fantasy, rather than a horror - like a twisted take on Narnia of something! (I prefer Sinister much more). The sequel wasn't quite as crazy as the first, I felt, but this made it all the more believable. A great take on the story - highly recommended.

Violent Shit - 1/10

Utter crap. I first saw this a few years ago after buying the box set and the first film of the cult German splatter triology is easily the lamest. If I remember rightly, 2 and 3 are a lot of fun though. The poor quality of this film is just dreadful - with the pixalated starting-and-stopping of the film. It's certainly unique! Still I love the fact this movie was even made and has become such an underground cult hit.