View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2013, 04:41 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
I really liked Splice. Plus I got it for the bargain. Price of £2, which makes it the second cheapest Blu-Ray I've ever bought!

The Day the Earth Stood Still is one of my favourite films. I refuse to watch the remake. Why anyone would want to remake such an incredible film is beyond me! I've always thought that only average or bad films should be remade, that way they could be better, but The Day the Earth Stood Still is nearly flawless!

I haven't seen A Clockwork Orange yet. My sister recommends it, which usually isn't a very good sign, but I've wanted to see this for years! Kubrick is one of those directors who has made some incredible films, but also some shite. I hope this is in he former.
I'm weird in that I'm one of the few who also actually somewhat enjoyed Splice, but it's nowhere near as good as the director's previous work like Cube for me. The Day The Earth Stood Still and Casablanca are great classics either way. A Clockwork Orange is probably my favourite Kubrick possibly next to Barry Lyndon; saying that, I've enjoyed every film I've seen from his filmography.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)