View Single Post
Old 10th August 2009, 06:36 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
That's true enough and the likes of Killer Klowns From Outer Space, The Inglorious Bastards, The Exterminator, The Antichrist, Maniac Cop and Prison among others could all have benefitted from having some decent bonus material included. It's this lack of effort towards extras that put's me off investing in some of Optimum's offerings. They're not a bad company they could just be a little bit better at times.
I remember someone quizzing Optimum about this,and the reply was something like...Due to the money involved for extras in the back catalogue titles,the money available was for putting out a large quantity of Canal's back catalogue with a decent transfer,with little or no extras.The newer releases would come with extras,subtitles etc.
You can't knock Optimum for their sheer output.Yeah it's nice to have releases with extras,of course it is. A lot of the cult titles they put out would probably never see the light of day in the hands of another Studio;
How many times on here do we mention that we'd wish Warner,MGM etc would let some moths out of their vaults?
Perhaps Optimum simply don't have access to materials for some of their films....
Look at their release of Richard Stanley's HARDWARE...absolutely knockout.
Any other region release is gonna be hard pushed to top this.
And probably won't.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.