View Single Post
Old 14th August 2009, 11:53 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - 13: Game Of Death!!! - 14/08/09

Hey there

Ok, this week, we're giving away the excellent 13: GAME OF DEATH! Ooh yes! Previously released on the Dimesion Extreme label over in America, now the film comes to the UK cortesy of Revolver Entertainment! Yippeee! Fully UNCUT - naturally.

And here are all the details for the film

WHAT WOULDN'T YOU DO FOR MONEY?
From the producers of "Ong-Bak", "Warrior King" and Chocolate" comes 13: GAME OF DEATH, a riveting Thai thriller that grabs from the very start and never lets go until its final, shocking denouement.
Adapted by award winning writer Eakasit Thairaat from his own comic book story "13th Quiz Show", along with the film's director Chookiat Sakveerakul (The Love Of Siam; Evil), 13: GAME OF DEATH stars Thai-American pop singer, dancer and actor Krissada Sukosol (Bangkok Loco), Sarunyoo Wongkrachang (Ong Bak 2) and Nathapong Arunnetra (The Love Of Siam) in a movie that recalls elements of US blockbuster thrillers such "Falling Down", "The Game", "FeardotCom" and the recent hit, "Eagle Eye".

Mild-mannered salesman Phuchit (Sukosol) is a man at his wit's end. Having lost both his job and his car on the same day he is then obliged to give the last of his money to his mother, leaving him on the verge of destitution. That is until he receives a mysterious phone call offering him the chance of winning 100 million baht on an internet game show. All he has to do to hit the jackpot is complete 13 tasks, in order, without revealing his participation in the game to anyone around him. At each stage he will receive an interim cash payment directly into his bank account. However, should he fail to complete any given task, he will lose all the money he has earned up to that stage thereby making his considerable efforts to reach that point worthless.

Initially sceptical, he completes the first challenge – to kill a fly – and finds the first payment has been made into his bank account. The second challenge – to eat the fly – and its cash reward confirms that the game is real. But as the challenges become greater and more grotesque, both morally and physically (subsequent tasks include such things as having to deliberately make a group of young children cry and much, much worse), Phuchit must decide whether he should quit and lose everything or face up to the fact that he has reached a point at which there is no turning back.

A smart, shocking and funny satire of media culture and human greed, 13: GAME OF DEATH is a stomach-churningly intense thriller that will have many viewers squirming in their seats as the film's innocuous former salesman experiences things that make the challenges of real-life reality shows such as "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!" look like a walk in the park.

13: GAME OF DEATH (cert. 18, tbc) will be released on DVD (£12.99) by Revolver Entertainment on 24th August 2009.

But how do you win it? I'm glad I asked.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL, basically, below is a picture. Duh. Wait there's more (!), below that is ANOTHER picture, which I've made have a total of 13 differences. All you need to do, is, well, spot the differences! To quote that annoying meerkat of the adverts, 'Simples!'

As soon as you think you know them, PM me your answers and I'll plunk them into the trilby. The three winners, RANDOMLY selected, from the hat next friday WILL EACH WIN THIS DVD!

Once again, ANYONE can enter and you can guess as much as you want.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Good luck again

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - 13: Game Of Death!!! - 14/08/09-sleeve_3209.jpg  

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 21st August 2009 at 01:04 PM.