View Single Post
Old 21st November 2013, 07:42 AM
Cult Addict

A Shade the Changing Man and Morrison era Animal Man Movie as well as Doom Patrol one are in talks for production. A Justice League Dark movie is also in pre-production (as in, unlike these other projects, it's almost certainly going to happen) even though it's not a Vertigo series it features characters indigenous to vertigo prior to the New 52. Shade, Constantine, Deadman, Etragon et al.

I'm a fan of all things Vertigo, my second favourite mainstream comic publication imprint outside of our own 2000AD. On that I round the More era inspired Swamp Thing movie to be one of the best super hero comic book movies. Despite the obvious budget restraints it was clearly a heart filled project and produced some bery memorable set pieces. The sequel can suck a dick though.
Constantine was indeed an over looked gem and I honestly think it could benefit from this JLD movie shooting the smoking brit back into the lime light alongside Batman and Superman.

Now, Man of Steel. **** it. Just, **** it. I seriously can't remember dis-likeing a film as much as this. Just the sheer stupidity of it, and the total miss representation of Superman himself as a callouss, uncaring, cit destroying, mass murderer. The Marvel Cinematic Universe can be described as many things. Fan wankery, excessive, repetitive. I have never found one of their films dull or offensive to my intelligence. Rant over.

DVD and BD collection