View Single Post
Old 24th November 2013, 11:03 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Went into a Blockbuster yesterday and got PARKER for £4 on blu-ray.

Had a word with the lad behind the counter who I had worked with in my store for ten years. Looks like he's going to be looking for work. Despite what the government claims the jobs market is shite, certainly where I live and unemployment is going UP in the northwest. Hell it took me ten bloody months to get the job at ASDA!

Worse thing for poor Derek, the bloke I worked with. He's 38. Its not stated but a lot of doors seem to close in retail soon as you turn 30. Not sure if that's just where I live but I've been turned down for numerous jobs I was qualified to do only to walk in and see a twenty-something had got it. Worst one was CEX as the lads they have in there don't seem to know anything about the films they sell. I even had to explain how to put all my credit notes onto one voucher a few days ago as the employee didn't seem to realize you could do that.
When talking about CEX. When it was advertised here for jobs it said only nerds need apply. I taught thats great when i go in the staff will know what im looking for and so on. But it seems to me that they wanted people that just looked like typical nerds not people with the knowlage of nerds. Fat with a beard does not make you a nerd it just makes you fat with a beard. When i was buying my Dirty Harry Blu Ray set the guy was putting the films in backwards fingers all over the discs he had no idea who Dirty Harry was and he said Gozu was a Sweedish film