View Single Post
Old 27th November 2013, 04:27 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Back in the day it was very difficult to find out which films were banned, there was no internet to look things up on and quote. You gleaned information from the media and word of mouth.
The first "definitive" list came out in a 'zine called "In The Flesh" by a guy named Steve C.
He took all known sources (4 at that time!) of banned films and put together a list of 81 video's. That instantly became THE Gospel of the Banned and was adopted by everyone who was interested in Nasties.
Apart from the 74 now infamous films there were 7 more that became highly collectable. Abducted aka (School) Girls in Chains, Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll, Don't Answer the Phone, Hell Night, Love Camp, Other Side of Madness aka The Helter Skelter Murders and Poor White Trash 2 aka Scum of the Earth. These were collected with the same excitement as Cannibal Holocaust or the Beast in Heat.
I've heard people say that the Nasty list is only the DPP 39 and that the other films were not prosecuted so not worthy of the list. That can only be said by someone who wasn't there at the time! If a film was not prosecuted but was on the list it wasn't like it re-appeared back in video shops a bit later, it was gone, never to be seen again until DVD made an appearance, so it didn't matter if it was prosecuted or not.
For me and a few others, the Nasty list will forever be 81 films, so it was written, so it shall always be! The 74 film list is for the people who weren't there and the list of 39 for tight asses who have just a passing interest.
The good news is the extra 7 are all available on DVD except PWT2 which is supposedly getting a Grindhouse BD release later next year. The most difficult to find now is Abducted aka Schoolgirls in Chains aka Girls in Chains, released by Code Red as a stand alone title and on a double bill with something else.(?) Saying that, Blue Eyes and Other Side of Madness aka Helter Skelter Murders are getting harder to find now.
Go on, if you're collecting the Video Nasty's then go for the whole lot, you know you want to...

Edit; Steve C, wherever you are, thank you.!
Can i confirm which Love Camp im looking for i take it its the 1977 Version

Frauen im Liebeslager (1977) - IMDb

and not this one

Die Todesgöttin des Liebescamps (1981) - IMDb