View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:52 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Its worth it D, as your PS2 games library ,will be in most cases , compatible with the PS3, esp the 60GB Model.

New , they've dropped to 249 quid but you also get a BluRay player, SDVD Upscaler, an full Internet Web Browser, music 'thingy's' (hi tech jargon there, lol) as well as a Hi Def games machine, so £249 new is reasonable for everything that your buying into , plus you could also trade in PS2 and games and knock the price down further.
Another option is 'Pre Owned' for about £200 with warranty, again you could trade your PS2.

Not cheap I know, but the games are going for 2 x 30 quid, BluRay's are more established and industry supported, and with various offers on in 'Bundle form' , its a good time to get into a BluRay supported Hi Def format, or at least thinking about it , especially if you have a TV that is HD Ready.

The 360's another way to go that'll give yoy HD gaming and SDVD Upscaling, but no BluRay option, for £99 pre 'Owned' (GAME) though there are rumours that MS want to release a BluRay Disc Player ad on, but there's nothing solid.
Again, if its purley gaming , then the 360's a good enough option.

If its strictly games only though, you can buy an HD Converter for PS2 , from ARGOS, GAME, and most other game stores, its made by Datel i think.
The PS2 is a good machine that is still industry supported to an extent and well worth sticking to if your still having fun on it , cos at the end of the day its not BlueRay , Hi Def, or Web Browsers that we look for from our consoles, its fun games , and with the games library that the PS2 has , then theres plenty of fun to be got from the PS2 console yet.

I liked the warriors game, some great gangs featured in it.