View Single Post
Old 9th February 2014, 07:28 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by masdawg View Post
Should have an order from Secondspin arriving sometime in the next week too, which includes The Last House On The Left Blu, bringing total to 7
Other DVDs I'm waiting on from that Secondspin order include:
Metalocalypse: Season Two (was cheaper to get this from US than UK!), S&Man, This Film Is Not Yet Rated and Winnebago Man.
Finally got these on Saturday, after getting stung for £12.47 customs charges...on a parcel worth £20...oh wait, what's that? £8 Royal Mail handling charges?!?!
I hadn't ordered anything Internationally for quite a while, so also completely forgot they have changed the allowance to a mere £18! (In Australia, you can import AU$1,000 worth of goods before paying import tax!)
I know this is not the place for a rant, but, how the hell is any collector, etc supposed to import anything anymore? (unless the sender is prepared to undervalue the item for you)...I mean, at the end of the day, I don't mind paying import tax if I need to, but the extra £8 that you have absolutely no choice but to pay, even if the item is worth a penny over £18? That's absurd!!
(Mini-rant over)

I'm just glad that I ordered things I had been after for quite a while this time, and didn't just order any old crap "because it was cheap"

I've already watched Winnebago Man and S&Man and enjoyed both of them (I love a good documentary, if you can't tell by the above order )