View Single Post
Old 16th February 2014, 09:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Some great titles in there.
I assume you're region free?
Yeh. Have been without a region A player for months (long story) but my new one finally arrived last week. First thing I did was watch Chinese Ghost Story 1 & 3 which I've owned but been unable to watch for ages. Anyway the PQ really impressed me on both (compared to my memories of the CGS1 on VHS and HKL dvd) and I suddenly thought how cool it would be to see some of my fave HK films in HD. I know Kam and Ronson (and Fortune Star films in general) get a bad press for some of their transfers but the more reviews I've read on their releases, the more I think they're probably a decent company who put out the best they can considering the materials they have to work with and most seem to quite easily improve on the DVD releases.

Out of those I've bought I've never seen ROUGE, LEGEND OF WISELY or LONG ARM OF THE LAW so I'm particularly looking forward to seeing those. And its not HK but I couldn't resist getting THE HIDDEN BLADE. Its a great samurai film and the BD got an excellent review on bluray.com. Plus it was less than a tenner on ebay.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti