View Single Post
Old 26th February 2014, 11:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default the "Terminator" thread

I'm amazed we already don't have a thread dedicated to this!

Okay my thoughts on the films-

Terminator: Gritty action at its best. it's the darkest of the Terminator films and it shows, kinda like a slasher film tbh (there are similarities). Arnold was really convincing as the killing machine and kicked ass throughout, especially with the Police force at the station. But it has other scenes of action throughout it is really entertaining. The scene with the T-800 emerging from the flames... So epic. 10/10

Terminator 2 Judgement Day: Superior sequel. it's got more action, better effects (CGI put to good and actually convincing use for a change), a great villain that matches the original T-800 in that category, vehicle chases, good characters, epic fights between the Terminators and above all, a better story. This movie never gets old. Never. 10/10

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines: Entertaining. not as good as the first two but it was a good and mostly successful attempt. The action was good, the car chase, while not original, worked well (the scene with Arnold clutching the crane as he crashes through a whole building is the highlight. He funded that scene I heard). The TX was a good villain and quite intimidating at times. The characters weren't as good as the previous leads though. I'd give it an 8/10.

Terminator Salvation: not nearly as bad as some make it out to be, but by no means brilliant or even classic either. I mean they had to abandon the whole set-up with a resistance member/terminator protecting people in the past eventually and tbh, i'm glad they did. They needed a change. I did like some of the action, but the vast amounts of CGI left some of it unappealing. And I barely cared about anyone in it. The first time I watched it, i was just betting if Arnold would show up... And the reveal of the CGI version of him was quite an epic moment, despite the fact it wasn't a really good effect. I'd give it... 6/10.

I can't wait for Terminator Genesis. Arnold is back and Jai Courtney is also present so I'm happy. All i want is one liners (likely) and practical effects (I can dream )