View Single Post
Old 1st March 2014, 10:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

My Blu-ray & DVD purchases in February. It would have been a quiet month, had someone not mentioned the reduced prices various marketplace sellers were selling Scream Factory and various other films at. I already have the Universal Halloween II release, which is superior in the PQ department, but at the price I couldn't resist picking it up for the features and the TV cut, which I've never owned before. Still a few older SF releases I need to get that were released prior to me being region free. No idea why it's taken me this long to get Night Of The Creeps, I love that film!

It's been a great month for UK releases, Dead Of Night, Phantom Of The Paradise, Dolls, etc. I'll be watching Captain Phillips prior to the Oscars on Sunday, and will probably double bill it with Wings. I hear 101 Films made a slight boo-boo with Lord Of Illusions (forgetting to include the DVD), and the news of SF putting out an edition with both cuts in HD is a little annoying, but with 5 potential BD releases in their Cult Horror line, depending on the performance of Lord Of Illusions and Dolls, I thought it a good idea to support it.

Looking forward to the goodies March has to bring. Great line-ups from Arrow and Eureka, and Trick or Treat!