View Single Post
Old 4th September 2009, 04:43 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

By starting this post I hope im not giving the impression that I only buy 18 certs , as that is untrue, as I have many 12 rated films of my favourite horror actor, Bela Lugosi.
I have 15 rated rated Zombie dvds like Arrows Oaisas of the Zombies, etc. so I dont fully rule out the 15, but it does make me wary , especially with some titles rated 18 being so tame, ie VIPCO's Cannibal Ferox.

Ok this was pre cut by REPLAY, but when re submitted years later by VIPCO , a futher 2 seconds were required for the 18 cert.
I agree with the further 2 - 6 seconds of cuts but am amazed that the film was deemed for 18's only.
Thats why I mistrust the 15 cert.

I have no doubt that the 15 cert is a lot stronger than it was a decade ago, but with former nasties, notorious slashers and other former 18 rated or even banned stuff, joining the ranks of 15 rated material , were does this leave the 18 cert.?

Will being more liberal in the 15 sector not effect or raise people's expectations towards the 18 rated stuff. to a level that the BBFC cant fufill due to the VRA, OPA, etc. ?

And why do some Cult labels, even today, go outta their way to avoid the lesser 15 cert that offers a larger market slice in favour of the more market restricted 18 cert. ?