View Single Post
Old 4th September 2009, 05:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I have 15 rated rated Zombie dvds like Arrows Oaisas of the Zombies, etc. so I dont fully rule out the 15, but it does make me wary , especially with some titles rated 18 being so tame, ie VIPCO's Cannibal Ferox.

Ok this was pre cut by REPLAY, but when re submitted years later by VIPCO , a futher 2 seconds were required for the 18 cert.
I agree with the further 2 - 6 seconds of cuts but am amazed that the film was deemed for 18's only.
Thats why I mistrust the 15 cert.

I have no doubt that the 15 cert is a lot stronger than it was a decade ago, but with former nasties, notorious slashers and other former 18 rated or even banned stuff, joining the ranks of 15 rated material , were does this leave the 18 cert.?

Will being more liberal in the 15 sector not effect or raise people's expectations towards the 18 rated stuff. to a level that the BBFC cant fufill due to the VRA, OPA, etc. ?
There's no doubt that the cut version of Ferox would get a 15 today as it sounds like almost everything was removed. But because of it being one of the most notorious titles and this being a 2000 submission, I think they just felt an 18 would be more appropriate at the time.

I think people's expectations for the 18 rating today are being fullfilled with the passing of films like Seed, Emodiment of Evil, Caligula, Last House on the Left, Martys, Night Train Murders, Carver, Kichiku Ku Kai etc but I don't think anyone seriously expects an 18 today to mean Sex Wish, Murder Set Pieces, Africa Addio, Guts of a Virgin, Cannibal Holocaust (uncut).