View Single Post
Old 5th June 2014, 12:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

HER:
I'm a big fan of both Spike Jonze and Joaquin Phoenix, So was looking forward to this. It was a little slow at parts but for the most it was pretty interesting. I enjoyed it. To be honest, Can't see it being one I could watch very often. I especially enjoyed Spike's part in the film (as the voice of an animated video game character). As for movies about falling in love with inanimate things, I have to say Lars And The Real Girl conquers all. The two are very different but they just share the general idea of loving something that can't really love back. I kind of just kept thinking, Ehh I like Lars... better. Over all it was really nicely shot, pretty well written, some very enjoyable parts (Eg. Joaquin and his video game).

FLIGHT:
Don't have too much to say about this one. It definitely had me sitting on the edge of my seat for the first 15 minutes or so during the whole plane sequence...The rest of the movie though, Ehh! It was kind of boring at parts, with Denzel's character kind of just going back and forth doing the same thing over and over *SPOILER ALERT* It's pretty much just this character denying his alcoholism and saying he'll quit drinking then gets plastered, over and over again. It's not really even done in an exciting way, Maybe apart from the final alcohol fused minibar rager in the hotel room. *End of spoiler* The best thing about the film apart from the actual "Flight" was definitely John Goodman. I'm a big fan of course and his role was great! He played it so well. I'm disappointed with how little screen time Goodman gets though. We only see him for 2 or 3 short scenes in the whole film. Although when he does show up, He steals the show! ...Must be 'cause he's on the list. Over all, Another one I don't see myself watching again for quite a while. Not much re-watch value.

BLUE JASMINE:
This was great! I actually feel like, while I was watching this one I was a little bored at parts. However after finishing and looking back, I really enjoyed this. It was a fun movie. Once again, It's one that I don't see myself watching TOO often. Definitely will be giving it some future viewings though. It's definitely not as grand or as good as some of Woody Allen's older films, However still a great flick. The story is a little long and drawn out but it's well written and absolutely brilliantly acted! Cate Blanchette especially perfected her role as Jasmine. Alec Baldwin's role also fit him super well, Even though I feel like the character wasn't too different from what he's played in the past. I'm also a big fan of Louie CK so it was awesome to see him in a Woody Allen film. I really hope there's some behind the scenes footage and what not out there because I feel those two would've had some laughs together on set. If you're a Woody Allen fan, I recommend this one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg her-hd-hi-res-poster.jpg (94.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg flight-poster-US.jpg (58.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg blue_jasmine_xlg.jpg (92.0 KB, 5 views)