View Single Post
Old 25th June 2014, 08:49 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I tend not to watch telly too much but have lately started to watch the odd boxset people at work have lent me and that's how I discovered Modern Family. You should check out "True Detective", I think you would really like it.

Yeah, once you step outside Europe the rest of the world seems like our Middle Ages in regard to witches. There are some horrific things going on in Africa by witches and those accusing people of Witchcraft. From talking to some of my Pakistani co-workers, black magic and witchcraft are very real problems for people in Pakistan and amongst the Pakistani population here. It all sounds great to me but then again I'm not living with the belief that I could be cursed at any moment or that a djinn might attack me!
A few people have recommended me True Detective. It may be something I delve into eventually, but my general problem is that I have so many films to watch/that I want to watch without also getting invested in a long running show (or multiple shows) as they can become quite addictive and dominate your viewing. I do watch some TV very late at night in the form of stuff I have on DVD, but that is more to relax (and usually fall asleep to) as it will be an old favourite show (usually comedy based) that I've seen many times before.

I've barely scratched the surface where African and Asian witchcraft belief is concerned but it's definitely interesting stuff.