View Single Post
Old 10th July 2014, 12:47 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Below you'll find 13 challenges - just like the film. All you have to do is answer as many of these as you dare to. Be honest! Answer all 13 and you'll be entered into the draw at the end of this competition (Monday 20th July). The more you answer, the bigger the chance you have of winning.

So, here goes....
Quote:
1) What is the most embarrassing movie that you own?
Gosh! How do I answer that? One persons 'embarrassing' is another persons 'guilty pleasure' is another persons 'best film of all time'!

OK - I have got a copy of 'Battlefield Earth' in my collection! Wanna make something of it?

Quote:
2) Which film do you secretly love...which you really shouldn't?
Um...I have a fond respect for the Adam Sandler movie 'Jack And Jill' [swept the boards at the Golden Razzies, winning EVERYTHING]. Hey - it's a transvestite film!

Quote:
3) What's your worst movie experience?
Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I used to work as a cinema usher, and one of the films I 'worked on' was "Rambo III'. At the end of a screening, on a Friday night, there was one viewer who had fallen asleep during the film, and I had to wake him up to tell him to leave. Just my luck that he was a drunken psycho, who was not in the mood to be told he had to leave the cinema!

Quote:
4) A film title that describes your love life...
"Blood Feast 2: All You Can Eat" [Regular readers, who know me, will understand this!]

Quote:
5) A film that scared the crap out of you (which really shouldn't have!)...
'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'. Come on, it's a kiddie film, but those scenes with the Child Catcher...mind you, I suppose I was a kiddie when I first saw it!

Quote:
6) What is one 'classic' film that you actually think is awful?
'Citizen Kane'. Boredom personified. Where are the chainsaws? Where are the car chases?? And would it really have hurt Orson Wells to have at least one outer space battle in it?

Quote:
7) Which animated cartoon character do/did you have the hots for?
Snow White. Have you seen what she wears? Plus, she ends up as a Princess. Every little girls dream (regardless of what gender she is!)

Quote:
8) Name a 'classic' film you still haven't seen...
To be honest, I am racking my brains here, but I cannot recall seeing 'It's A Wonderful Life'! I suppose I must have done, but I cannot remember doing so!

Quote:
9) Which film has made you cry like a baby?
Two spring to mind:

i) 'Edward Scissorhands'. At the time, I was going thru a 'transitionary phase', and the plight of the lead character, who was being hounded by 'normal folk' for being different really resonated with me

ii) 'Mighty Joe Young' (1998). I saw it soon after my mum had died, and for a reason I still do not understand, I found myself bawling like a baby throughout the whole ending

Quote:
10) What's the worst or most awkward film you've watched with your friends or during a date?
Not a bad or awkward film, but (back in the day) I took my first real girlfriend to see 'Wayne's World'. We both loved the film...but I totally neglected her when Alice Cooper came on screen!

Quote:
11) Pick your favourite film. Now give us a reason why it's actually the worst film ever made! Go on, ruin your favourite film of all time...
The original 'Evil Dead' - the acting is abysmal, the story is hackneyed, the make-up/effects are laughable, Bruce Campbell looks about 12 years old...but HA - you ain't gonna break me Kyle. It's still one of the greatest and scariest films ever made

Quote:
12) Post an embarrassing photo of yourself. If you dare...
I have photos of my 'lower body' 15 days post-op. Do you really want me to post them here, or would that be too much for the "real" men on the forum to accept? [For those who don't understand, think of a peeled banana, after it has been turned back on itself]!

Quote:
13) Record yourself singing a terrible song. One of Justin Beiber's if you are brave enough...
Oh, so not fair. As regularly noted in the 'show your Arrow Films collection' thread, you know my phone doesn't have a camera on it, so how am I going to be able to record myself, and upload it here? In fact, all I can give you is this:

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty